As the owner of a website or web design company, do you frequently experience major challenges when looking for content writing for websites? Often, this job is delegated to freelance writers. But hiring a freelancer often doesn’t help for various reasons. Here is how you should navigate these challenges.
- Avoid employing writers who don’t have formal training in writing because they cost you less. If your web copy should be in English, look for someone who has a bachelor’s or master’s degree in English/Journalism.
- Don’t encourage or employ a writer who does not take time into research your business domain. Before hiring, ask the writer how they understand your business.
- Ask for sample work or work published on the Internet. The sample does not have to be a web copy. A well-written piece of content shows the writer’s capabilities.
- If you are in a hurry to develop a website, ask for a minimal copy to meet your timeline, and later return to the writer to add more content to the website. Never ask the writer to develop the entire copy in a hurry because that will reduce the time spent on research, writing, and editing, all of which contribute to the quality of content.
Many websites present a poor picture because they do not have:
- A great copy (also known as website content).
- Visual appeal.
Elements of a Website Copy
Content writing for websites should implement 2 elements in web copy:
- SEO content.
What is SEO Content
The Internet has billions of users trying to find, compare, and buy products and services. How do they do this? Using the search engines.
When a user types a keyword, say, ‘red fountain pen,’ all websites that have the text string “red fountain pen” are presented to the user. These results are called organic search results. If you sell a ‘red fountain pen,’ you must have described your pen using those very words.
A point to note: If you have not described your pen as one, the prospect won’t be able to find your product online. And this is what SEO content is all about. Understanding users’ intention and choosing the right words to describe your products and services so that Google displays your business details in organic search results.
And rarely do visitors go to the second page of search results. Hence the competition to rank on the first page of search results is fierce.
Also, SEO content reduces your ad spend when your pages start appearing in organic search results, and buyers buy from your website.
What is Copywriting
Copywriting is the art and science of writing that delivers your marketing message to a target group.
Advantages of a Well-Written Website Copy
- When you employ an expert copywriter, they get your message succinctly across to wow the website visitors. When a copy captures the visitor’s imagination, they talk about it. So, every visit is more than a single visitor’s mindshare.
- An expert copywriter uses many shades of a word while discussing a topic, and the expressions are fluent when one sentence flows into another. Consequently, all those shades of words contribute to SEO in a big way. In other words, an expert writer has SEO built into their writing.
- Search engines recognize a well-written copy by pushing it higher in the search results.
- With excellent copywriting, search engines recognize what your website is about and assign a better page rank compared to similar pages on the world wide web. Consequently, your search engine marketing (SEM) campaigns have a higher chance of success.
How Can We Help
To know more about how we can create awesome content that can be a differentiator, do call us at 91-70327-27333 or write to us at sales [at] lotustech [dot] online.